Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
ECIL was setup under the Department of Atomic Energy on 11th April, 1967 with a view to generate a strong indigenous capability in the field of professional grade electronics. The initial accent was on total self-reliance and ECIL was engaged in the Design, Development, Manufacture and Marketing of several products with emphasis on three technology lines viz.
Computers, Control Systems and Communications.
The company played a very significant role in the training and growth of high caliber technical and managerial manpower especially in the fields of Computers and Information Technology. Though the initial thrust was on meeting the Control & Instrumentation requirements of the Nuclear Power Program, the expanded scope of self-reliance pursued by ECIL enabled the company to develop various products to cater to the needs of Defence, Civil Aviation, Information & Broadcasting, Telecommunications, Insurance, Banking, Police, and Para-Military Forces, Oil & Gas, Power, Space Education, Health, Agriculture, Steel and Coal sectors and various user departments in the Government domain. ECIL thus evolved as a multi-product company serving multiple sectors of Indian economy with emphasis on import of country substitution and development of products & services that are of economic and strategic significance to the country.
- To contribute to the country in acheving self reliance in strategic electronics.
ECIL's mission is to consolidate its status as a valued national asset in the area of strategic electronics with specific focus on Atomic Energy, Defence, Security and such critical sectors of strategic national importance.
- To continue services to the country's needs for the peaceful uses Atomic Energy. Special and Strategic requirements of Defence and Space, Electronics Security Systems and Support for Civil Aviation sector.
- To establish newer technology products such as Container Scanning Systems and Explosive Detectors.
- To explore new avenues of business and work for growth in strategic sectors in addition to working for realizing technological solutions for the benefit of society in areas like Agriculture, Education, Health, Power, Transportation, Food, Disaster Management etc.
- To progressively improve shareholder value of the company.
- To strengthen the technology base, enhance skill base and ensure succession planning in the company.
- To re-engineer the company to become nationally and internationally competitive by paying particular attention to delivery, cost and quality in all its activities.
- To consciously work for finding export markets for the company's products.
For further details, pl. visit : http://www.ecil.co.in/